Things to experience in Lisbon
We want your stay to be as enjoyable as possible, so we created a list of ten tips to help you enjoy the best of Lisbon (Estrutura Verde da Câmara Municipal de Lisboa).
1.You have just landed in the Portuguese capital? Welcome! To avoid the queue of taxis that you find at the airport entrance in the arrivals hall , take the elevator to the area of departures and head to the city faster.
2. If you wish to use the tram ride till the Castle of São Jorge, avoid train number 28. Instead, go to Figueira Square and take the train No 12. We guarantee that it gets there instantly and will be less overcrowded not only with tourists but also with less pickpockets.
3. If you need to send something through the mail after nine in the evening, the city does not lack options. The CTT post in Cabo Ruivo at Avenida Marechal Gomes da Costa is open until 11 p.m at night during the week. But the counter of from the post office shopping center El Corte Inglés work until 10 p.m in the evening and the CTT post from Lisbon airport is open every day, including Sundays.
4. You want to enjoy the view from the top of Santa Justa Elevator but do not feel like waiting in long queues? Head to the Largo do Carmo and then follow the Travessa Dom Pedro de Menezes, near the Carmo Church.
5. O Miradouro do Arco da Rua Augusta is one of the best places to watch the setting of the sun in the city. This iconic monument is open until nine o'clock - two hours longer than usual - in July and August.
6. Among free museums of Lisbon are: the Jeronimos Monastery Belem Tower the Tile Museum or the Pantheon, the first Sunday of each month.
7. Do not miss the "happy hour" from the National Theatre Dona Maria where from 14:00 to 15:00 pm you can purchase a ticket for the show of the day for the modest price of 6 euros.
8. If you do not want to pay to see the view of Lisbon, you have several solutions. Both the viewpoint of St. Peter of Alcantara the viewpoint Graça guarantee you beautiful views of the city by night or day.
9. Visiting the Portuguese capital in June, be sure to take a short hop to popular saints leaving the entire city in a festive mood during this time of year.
In Bica Alfama the decorations are scattered on the streets and smells of grilled sardines in the air. To this the popular songs, dances and talks are added. Let yourself imbue the Lisbon spirit and enjoy the popular saints like a local.
10. Eduardo VII Park in the city center, by the Monsanto Forest Park there is a bike path about two kilometers where you ca walk, run or ride a bike safely.