Tourist offices in Lisbon
Find out where to seek information about tourism in Lisbon and how to get discounted entry for sightseeing
For information about Lisbon go to the ASK ME information stations, the Turismo de Lisboa, located at strategic points of the city. These tourist offices will answer your questions, whether about booking hotels, tours or purchasing the Lisboa Card tourist pass.
Tourist offices in Lisbon
- Ask Me Rossio – is located next to the largest movement areas of Lisbon and has an extended service call. Here you can make hotel reservations and buy transport tickets, as well as get various tour cards.
- Ask Me Lisboa Story Centre – This new store is dedicated to the sale of circuits for tourists and is located next to the Lisbon Story Centre museum.
- Ask Me Terreiro do Paço – It is located on the west side of the most emblematic square of the capital.
- Ask Me Aeroporto – When you land at the airport you can clarify all your doubts and get tourist passes immediately.
- Ask Me Estação de Santa Apolónia – It is located in one of the most important railway stations in Lisbon, from where you can take the train to visit the city outskirts.
- Ask Me Regedor – this tourist office is directed towards younger people. Besides having an informative function and tourist dissemination, it is also a place of conviviality and exchange of experiences.
- Ask Me Palácio Foz – is located in the tourist heart of the city and offers a wide range of services.
- Ask Me Belém – located in the area of the city that has more monuments per m2.
- Ask Me Parque das Nações – a site for tourist information in the most modern area of the city.
FIND OUT HOW TO SAVE MONEY IN LISBON
What is Lisboa Card and what is it used for?
The Lisboa Card is a tourist pass that allows you to save money on transport and tourist attractions. You can use this pass for a period of 24, 48 or 72 hours. The attractions that are not completely free, become cheaper with this card. You can book the Lisboa Card on the Internet and then pick it up at the airport or a tourist office.
The Lisboa Card gives you free access to:
- Transport: metro, trams, buses, elevators, trains to Sintra and Cascais.
It gives you discounts on:
- Padrão dos Descobrimentos, Casa dos Bicos, Oceanário, Museu Calouste Gulbenkian, Museu do Oriente, Museu de Artes Decorativas, Museu Arpad Szenes – Vieira da Silva, Museu do Fado, Museu Militar, Museu da Marioneta, Convento do Carmo, Palácio da Pena, Palácio de Queluz, Palácio Nacional de Sintra, Quinta da Regaleira, Palácio de Monserrate, Castelo dos Mouros and Convento dos Capuchos.
You can buy your Lisboa Card here!
Or opt to go on a guided tour to discover Lisbon!
If you really want to know Lisbon, why not go on a guided tour? You can choose to learn more about the main historical sites and monuments or to go on a journey through the Portuguese flavours or ent the bohemian spirit and nightlife of the city. There is something for everyone and there are definitely more options than in many of the cities. This way, you get more information about Lisbon, as you pass by certain places, and get to know the spots that otherwise you would not know.
Consider the following options:
Sandemans New Lisbon Tours: this is the tour company that sits first in the TripAdvisor ranking, according to the preferences of its users. You can opt for a free tour of three hours, walking through the Bairro Alto, Chiado, Baixa, Rossio Square, Commerce Square, Convento do Carmo and Santa Justa Elevator. You also have the option to get to know the Lisbon nightlife (drinks included) on The Halloween Pub Crawl, the area of Belém on the Belém Tour, or Alfama on the Alfama Tour. You can also try Portuguese snacks on the Tapas Experience tour.
Lisbon Chill-Out Free Tour: This is a tour organized by locals, based on the tips paid. It takes place on a daily basis from 10h00 and in the afternoon from 15:00. This is a tour that lasts from two to three hours and a half, in English or Spanish, which tells the story of the city. It begins with the Bairro Alto and proceeds through the rest of the city.
Lisbon Explorer: is TripAdvisor Lisbon's number one gastronomic experience. With the Taste of Portugal tour, you will be able to experience Portuguese flavours, for 60€ per person. On the Hidden Lisbon tour you can discover the Bairro Alto, Chiado and Baixa for 3.5 €. You can also opt to go on the Around Alfama, Jewish Lisbon or Illuminated City tours.
Inside Lisbon: This company offers several options to enjoy the city. Opt for Lisboa Experience Walk to know the highlights of the city by feet, at Sunset, Fado e Tapas Walk, combining the tour with tasting and fado listening, or Half Day Sintra and Pena Palace Tour, where you can discover the Pena Palace and romantic Sintra.